FIFA 18 has been given a new update that solves an annoying glitch.
The latest FIFA 18 patch makes it much more difficult to score from kickoff.
The defending team will now be more compact, attackers won’t push forward as aggressively and there will be less space between attacking players and defenders.
Likewise, goalkeepers will no longer unnecessarily clear the ball in certain situations. You can check out the patch notes further down the page.
The update launches ahead of the annual FIFA ratings refresh.
There’s no word on when this year’s winter upgrade will go live, although EA Sports just got the ball rolling with a new questionnaire.
In a post on Twitter, the FIFA 18 developer asked fans for feedback on who deserves a ratings upgrade in FIFA 18.
“Who do you think deserves a Ratings, Weak Foot or Skill Moves upgrade in FIFA 18?” the tweet reads.
The tweet includes a link to a ratings refresh questionnaire. Fans can nominate a player and a new score.
Made the following changes in Gameplay:
- After kickoff, the defending team will be more compact in defense.
- Their attacking players will be less aggressive in pushing up the field.
- Their defensive players will close the space between them and their attacking players to reduce the gap and limit the attacking team’s space.
Addressed the following issues in Gameplay:
- Goalkeepers unnecessarily clearing the ball when it was passed to them in certain situations.
Made the following changes in FIFA Ultimate team:
- The following changes have been made for all FUT Champions Weekend League matches:
- All matches will now take place in the FeWC Stadium, with the Time Of Day always set to Night and Weather always set to clear.
- The Pre-Match screens will no longer display which team is the Home team or Away team; instead, players will always see their team on the left side of the screen, with their opponent’s team displaying on the right side.
- You will no longer see your opponent’s kits in either gameplay or the Pre-Match screens; instead, you will see your opponent wearing your unselected Active Kit.
- For example, if you choose to play the match in your Home kit, you will see your opponent play the match in your Away kit.
- The Kit Selection and Match Preview screens have been updated as a result of this change.
- The Orbit Camera can now be used when watching FUT champions channel replays.
Addressed the following issues in FIFA Ultimate team:
- The Player Fitness and Squad Fitness search filters on the FUT Transfer Market not returning the correct items.
- The Player Contract and Manager Contract search filters on the FUT Transfer Market not returning the correct items.
- The Specialties displayed for some inform players, in the Team Management screens of a FUT Online Match, were incorrect.
- This was a visual issue only with no impact on gameplay.
Made the following changes in Online Modes:
- Updated the colors used for the Connection Quality Bars in all Online modes, including in FUT.
- 5, 4 and 3 bars are green.
- 2 bars is yellow.
- 1 bar is red.
Addressed the following issues in Online Modes:
- A player’s Pro Clubs Virtual Pro having incorrect attributes if it was created when the player is not connected to the servers.
Made the following changes in Audio / Visual / Presentation:
- Updates to a number of kits.